10 November 2021 – We were delighted to be involved again this year in the Cresco Award – Sustainable Cities organized by Fondazione Sodalitas. We sponsored the reAGIRE: Covid-era recovery projects award category which was won by the Municipality of Oliveri, in the province of Messina, for its "Aria di sport" project.
The competition which is now in its sixth year is promoted by Fondazione Sodalitas in collaboration with ANCI (Associazione Nazionale Comuni Italiani) and with the support of the European Commission, the Ministry of Ecological Transition and the Conference of Regions and Autonomous Provinces, rewards the commitment of Italian municipalities to sustainable development in their areas in line with the objectives of the UN’s 2030 Agenda.
The winners of the Cresco Award – Sustainable Cities were:
MUNICIPALITIES < 5,000 INHABITANTS
Oliveri (ME) – Let’s clean our seabed
MUNICIPALITIES FROM 5,000 TO 10,000 INHABITANTS
Terre Roveresche (PU) – One year since the introduction of the CO2 Tarip
MUNICIPALITIES FROM 10,000 TO 50,000 INHABITANTS
Forlimpopoli (FC) – Greener is more beautiful… and tastier!
MUNICIPALITIES FROM 50,000 TO 100,000 INHABITANTS
Pesaro – Green Public Procurement and sustainability: the Brancati school
MUNICIPALITIES WITH OVER 100,000 INHABITANTS
Milan – Civic Crowdfunding of the Municipality of Milan
- Bureau Veritas: "Sustainable Community Management" Award to the Municipality of Parma for "The 2030 Agenda in the Municipality of Parma"
- Certiquality: "Municipality and Sustainability" Award to the Municipality of Bergamo for "We pay you to ride a bike!
- Enel: Award "Projects to support entrepreneurship of people with disabilities" to the Municipality of Fossacesia (CH) for "Diversamente Chiosco"
- Eni: "Summer School – From the entrepreneurial idea to the creation of the start-up" award to the Unione dei Comuni della Bassa Romagna (RA) for "Agenda 2030 at school"
- Falck Renewables: "reAGIRE: Covid-era recovery projects" Award to the Municipality of Oliveri (ME) for "Aria di sport".
- FedEx Express: "Safety is the best way forward" Award to the Municipality of Molfetta (BA) for "Cuore nostro – Molfetta cardioprotected city"
- Intesa Sanpaolo: Award "From financial inclusion to social sustainability" to the Municipality of Milan for "Civic Crowdfunding of the Municipality of Milan"
- KPMG: "Quality Education" Award to the Municipality of Marene for "Young land defenders"
- Lexmark: "Circular Economy" Award to the Municipality of Collecchio (PR) for "We need more respect! Clear?"
- Mapei: Award for "Sustainable thermal insulation systems in energy requalification projects for public residential buildings" to the Municipality of Pesaro for "Green Public Procurement and sustainability: the Brancati school"
- Pirelli: "Sustainable Mobility" award to the Municipality of Bergamo for "We’ll pay you to ride a bike!"
- Poste Italiane: "Per lo sviluppo sostenibile dei piccoli Comuni" award to the municipalities of Geraci Siculo (PA) for "Parco giochi inclusivo", Grumolo delle Abbadesse (VI) for "Percorso naturalistico per pesca disabili", Tornareccio (CH) for "Tornareccio: un museo sostenibile"
- Riva del Garda Fieracongressi: Award "Reuse and recovery of goods for a circular economy system (SDGs 12 and 13)" to the Municipality of Castrolibero (CS) for "Change, fight and cooperate"
- Saint-Gobain Italia: "Safe and Comfortable Schools" Award to the Municipality of Palazzolo sull’Oglio (BS) for "Fybra Sensor – Air Quality in Schools"
- Solvay: "Territorial development enhancing the public-enterprise partnership" award to the Municipality of Brescia for the "GERT Project (GEnerare Reti Territoriali)"
- STMicroelectronics: Award "On the way to zero emissions and neutrality" to the Municipality of Serrenti (SU) for "ILLUMINAMENTE & S.E.I. Project".