Board of Directors approves
the interim financial report as at 30 June 2021
Economic and financial results in line with the 2021 confirmed Guidance
Pipeline at 4.2 GW (+52% compared to December 2020)
Leading position in the Italian PPA market
Acquisition of 60% of the shares of SAET SpA
ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL RESULTS
- Revenues up to € 234.2 million, compared to € 195.3 million in the first half of 2020;
- Ebitda at € 100.7 million compared to € 106.3 million in the first half of 2020;
- Net profit at € 19.1 million compared to € 28.4 million in the first half of 2020;
- Net profit attributable to owners of the parent at € 11.6 million compared to € 21.3 million in the first half of 2020;
- CAPEX including the acquisition of plants for € 97.7 million compared to € 63.0 million in the first half of 2020;
- Net financial debt, including fair value of derivatives, at € 790.6 million from € 705.5 million as at 31 December 2020.
MAIN INDUSTRIAL AND SUSTAINABILITY RESULTS
- Installed capacity increased in Spain (+50.0 MW), Sweden (+74.1 MW) and the United States (+61.6 MW);
- Production, on a like-for-like basis, was down 11.5% compared to the first half of 2020 due to low winds, partially compensated by the additional capacity installed: total production down by 2%;
- Plants under construction in Norway (21 MW), France (12 MW) and the United States of America (67.5 MW);
- Pipeline reaches 4.2 GW (+52% compared to December 2020);
- 3 PPAs signed in Italy, for a total of 42 MW, positioning the Group at the forefront of the Italian long-term contract market;
- Acquisition of 60% of SAET SpA: another step forward in the strategy of developing energy storage solutions to guarantee flexibility and capacity to the system;
- Floating Offshore: announced Ørsted’s partnership with Falck Renewables and BlueFloat in the ‘ScotWind’ leasing process;
- Work continues on sustainability and positioning in the main ESG indices;
- Inclusion in the S&P Global Clean Energy Index (April 2021);
- 313,234 tonnes of CO2 equivalent avoided in the atmosphere thanks to renewable electricity production (44% of the annual target).
Milan, 9 August 2021 – The Board of Directors of Falck Renewables SpA met today to consider and approve the interim financial report for the six months ended 30 June 2021.
CEO Toni Volpe commented: “We recorded a substantial growth in investments in power plants and development of our business in the first half of the year. With the acquisition of a 60% stake in SAET, a company based in Padua, we are firmly pursuing our strategy of developing our storage and grid connection expertise. In the first six months of 2021, we signed three PPAs in Italy, positioning us at the forefront of the Italian market for long-term contracts. We are continuing to consolidate our sustainability efforts and our positioning in the main international ESG indices”.
 Ebitda is defined by the Group as profit for the period before investment income and expenses, financial income and expenses, depreciation, amortisation, impairment losses, provisions for risks and income taxes.